This soup is great ... I made it last week - I doubled everything except the coconut milk and it was fantastic. I also didn't have coriander seed - I will try and have that next time - but without that it was still wonderful :) The next time I try it, I am going to just use water instead of vegetable broth because of the sodium ... I couldn't find a veggie broth low enough in sodium.Let me know what you think when you make it .... but I know you will love it!!
Mulligatawny Soup
2 teaspoons canola oil
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 onions chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
3 quarter-size slices peeled fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
5 teaspoons curry powder
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
6 cups low-sodium, fat free veggie broth
1 medium baking potato (peeled and coarsely chopped)
¾ cup light coconut milk
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil, then add the carrots, onions, celery, ginger and garlic.
Cook until vegetables are softened, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and coriander; cook 1 minute. Add the veggie broth and potato. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until vegetables are tender, 25 minutes. Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor. Return soup to the pot, and add the coconut milk and lime juice. Simmer gently over medium-low heat until hot, 8-10 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro
Mare
No comments:
Post a Comment