New life of all kinds start in the spring - and it is really starting to feel hopeful that spring is soon.
Today is my Dad's birthday - he would have been 86. Actually he would have been a very young 86 year old, as my dad lived a full life, kept himself busy ... and loved to laugh. He was one of the most fortunate men in the world .. he had in his life as his wife 2 of the most amazing, wonderful women you could ever meet. First my mom, who he was married to for 54 years, and then my step mother .. who he was married to for 6 years. My father passed away unexpectedly 5 years ago.
So ... this day when I am remembering and the season of new beginnings approaching - it is a perfect day for planting seeds and being hopeful that spring is on it's way.
Above are Marigold seeds .... Schwen and I planted these seeds last night: Nasturtium, Sweet pea, Marigold, Sunflower (4 kinds), Pink Pompas Grass and Canary Bird Vine.
This is very exciting and we will be posting their progress.
Here is the Marigold's home for the next 4 weeks or so .... since this is the first time I have tried this, this is all new ... so we will just see how it goes.
I can hardly wait to see all these flowers on our deck and in hanging baskets in May.
Mare
No comments:
Post a Comment