Saturday, March 21, 2009

Plant Update

Since last week we sort of expanded on the plants ... we now have 325 little plants.

The Marigolds are humming along while the Sunflowers and the Nasturtiums graduated to larger pots already .. their roots were way too long to keep just in the little pellets.

I don't think when we started this we thought we would be planting so many seeds. Schwen and I always seem to do this, get carried away with what we are doing.

Although - I guess 325 plants is still manageable, and as tempting as it is to plant more, we are resisting. This is our first attempt at this, so we will see how it goes. If it goes well, who knows, maybe next spring we will have a little stand at the end our driveway selling off little pots of plants :) We can be beside Tundie with his lemonade stand ... I can just picture it.

I just hope they live until May when it is time to go outside.

Mare

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, look at all of your seedlings! They look wonderful! I wish you lots of success with your plants. I am new at this, as well, and I'm hoping for a nice vegetable garden this summer.

Tundie, Schwen and Mare said...

Thanks! I wish you luck with your garden.
I love your blog and that you just became a Vegan. I have another blog - An Aspiring Vegan. I actually haven't posted to it yet, but I created that to track my progress and to have a place to keep all new information.
I have been a vegetarian for one year - my husband is not, but is very supportive!