This past weekend (March 8th 2009) I had my Reiki II Attunement.OK .. let's back up.
I first heard about Reiki when Schwen and I went to Grail Springs in 2006 - that is where we each had our first Reiki session. It made an impact on both of us ... very insightful and thought provoking.
What is Reiki .....
Reiki, a Japanese word pronounced ray-key, can be translated to mean universal life force, or universally guided light. It is a very simple system of healing, carried out by placing hands on or over a person, or animal or plant, with the intent to channel Reiki. It can also be sent, as absent healing, over distance and even through time. You don't need to commit to a belief system in order to channel Reiki, or to enjoy its benefits; all you need is the desire to heal and to be healed.
The Five Spiritual Principles
The five principles are really a guide to living with a happy heart, whatever your path in life, and promoting harmony with the world around you, and they can be considered a healing treatment in themselves.
Just for today do not worry
Just for today do not anger
Honour your parents, teachers and elders
Earn your living honestly
Show gratitude in everything
When did I take Reiki I .....
I took Reiki I in November 2008. I have no idea why I didn't post anything about it, because really it had an impact on my life.
What will I do with it now .....
I will try and use Reiki as much as I can ... of course Tundie and Schwen are my obvious targets for the most part. My intention in the very near future is to volunteer at the local Cancer Unit, I had heard somewhere that they offer free Reiki to cancer patients. I would be honoured to volunteer there and try and make a difference in someone's life.
Mare
1 comment:
You're the bestest Mare! <3
Post a Comment