Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rekindle The Light

Another great exert from my library book - Five Good Minutes is the following:

I just opened the book today because I was feeling a bit low ... I don't know why, nothing awful - just out of sorts. I thought of the book Five Good Minutes and thought I would have a look at it. I opened it - and this is the page it opened up to ... it felt like a good message for me; and it is also something I wanted to share with a friend of mine has been feeling down for awhile now and is having a hard time pulling out of it.


#18
Rekindle The Light

Each of us has a radiant inner fire, beauty, strength and wisdom. The problem is we forget how to keep the embers glowing. In the dampness of boredom or just forgetfulness, we burn out and turn off. We may not notice at first, but over time our light of hope gets extinguished by neglect. Use the following candle meditation as a guide to rekindle your inner light.

1. Start by lighting a candle by your beside or at your table to accompany you in your morning routine.
2. Stare into the flickering flame and imagine the same flame igniting in the center of your soul.
3. Imagine this fire as the source of your hope, your dreams, your blessings, and your happiness.
4. Feed the flame by offering it protection, compassion and understanding.
5. Remember to acknowledge your inner light daily :)

Mare

1 comment:

Ana said...

awww...this is great Mare, I'm going to try it! <3