Saturday, April 4, 2009

Veggie Recipe For the Week

Ingredients:
2 teaspoon canola oil
2 teaspoons chopped ginger root
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch broccoli (chopped)
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Directions:
In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and stir for a minute, or until fragrant. Add the broccoli and water. Cook, tossing, for 2 or 3 minutes, or until the broccoli is crisp-tender and the water is absorbed. Stir in the hoisin sauce and toss to coat.I think that I added a bit more hoisin sauce, and I ended up putting in some portabello mushrooms that I sliced up and fried ... then I put this on top of some rice pasta and I first tossed with a bit of olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon. This was a great dinner!!

(Schwen loved it and didn't miss having meat for dinner)

Mare

No comments: