Friday, April 10, 2009

Let The Sun Shine In

One of the Marigolds - five weeks old
Lots of leaves are coming and they are all looking healthy

We have lots of thirsty plants. It is tricky to keep up with them, but so far so good. It was a close call early this week with the sunflowers, but they rebounded back. I will get a group shot again this weekend, right now I sort of have plants spread all over the house, to get the most of the sunshine.

This is one of our Nasturtium (below). They are really doing fantastic. When I read that both the flower and leaves of this plant are edible, I planted a second batch of seeds, but none of them germinated. It was a different brand of seeds than the first ones I planted. Oh well, I think we still have about 25 of these guys, so I don't think I will try for more this year.


Now ... for the Sunflowers. This guy is looking tall and content. I have them all tied up to little bamboo skewers I happened to have. The skewers are 12 inches long, so that is about how tall these little guys are now.
Off to water!

Mare

No comments: