Well...... I'm off and running or cycling I should say!
This whole thing is very daunting in many ways but I really get a kick out of actually seeing progress on a map. I hope you all read my previous blog, if not please go back and read why I am doing what I am doing.
I am terribly out of shape and overweight and have left myself go for too many years. I have chosen to change my life and get in shape and live longer and start to take care of myself. No big deal to most reading but I want to help contribute to the France-Anne Sweeny Memorial Fund and that is a Big Deal. I will post the site in the next few days and you will understand why I am hoping to help this most special fund while I "Get busy Living".
I am simulating the bike ride across Canada, about 7,228 Kilometers by riding on my recumbent bike in house through winter and riding outside in the summer months.
And so I begin!
I have started in St. John's Newfoundland and am moving along Route 1 West - eventually working my way across to Port aux Basques, Nfld. and the Port aux Basques to North Sydney ferry across to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
I have been to Newfoundland many many times and love the province. I will share some stories about sky diving and other tidbits as I go west.
I have been easing into this journey but I am really getting a rhythm and routine going. It is getting easier for me and I am a little less overwhelmed by the total distance. Just a little but it still seems like an overwhelming goal just the same. I can't wait till I am in better shape and I will look forward to these grueling work-outs.The weather is good by the looks of it ... I am going to be posting weather and pictures from The Weather Network website .... the picture of the country side was taken yesterday and uploaded to the Weather Network website.
This is a picture taken yesterday of the frosty countryside.Remember that if you want to enlarge any of the pictures, charts, maps etc just put the cursor over it and double click.

This isn't a journey about speed and how fast I can get to the finish - it is about making sure I finish and enjoying the journey along the way - much like life should be lived, it is all about enjoying the journey and making the most of each day.
I plan on making updates at least every week, Sundays probably, and I will share with you my feelings and thoughts, some stories and maybe some pictures from days past and present.
Schwen
No comments:
Post a Comment