Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Little Sunshine

Week 1 Begins!

Pretty easy common sense things ....

Step 1 - is to clean out your cupboards and fridge and get rid of any unhealthy foods. Get rid of anything with cottonseed in it. Throw out anything that contains partially hydrogenated oils of any kind. Get rid of anything with artificial sweetners (I am safe since we have finished off our case of sugar free Red Bull).

Step 2 - Start eating broccoli this week - twice this week. That is one of our favourite veggies, so we are good with this step. Part of Step 2 is to have fish once this week - if you do not want fish then have flaxseed - grind it (in a coffee grinder, I have one just for seeds, nuts etc) .. and sprinkle it on your food a couple of times in the week.

Step 3 - Take Supplements. The main one is Vitamin C each day ... 250 mg. Exercise - just start with 10 minutes a day - and even if you do other exercises, do the 10 minute walk a day.

Step 4 - Mental/Spiritual. Think about your own healing experience. Make a list of illnesses or injuries or problems you have recovered from in the past two years. Jot down anything you did to speed the healing process. Begin to practice Breath Observation for 5 minutes every day.

Last but not least .... Buy some flowers to keep in your home, where you can enjoy them. The flowers in the picture are from our garden ... I cut them and brought them in the house yesterday - yes, they do put a smile on your face when you see them.

OK - well it is nice sunny day today ... and I will leave off with this picture from last week - the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen - there were 2 of them actually .. one was brighter - but they were both amazing. I am sure the picture doesn't do it justice ... but here you go.

Mare

2 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

Wow!!! Those do look like nice rainbows. It looks like your home is at the end of the rainbow.

Ana said...

Oh wow! That's a great picture and I love your approach to your list of stuff! :)