Friday, August 15, 2008

Back At It

So .. this morning gave me a great wake up call and scare I guess that I needed to really get back on track.
I was walking Thunder .. I became very sick to make a long story short - I didn't even know how I would ever make it home - I was blacking out and felt extremely nauseous, light headed and dizzy. I kept on the grass areas because I didn't want to drop on the sidewalk .. and finally Thunder and I were back home some how and I called Schwen to come and help me - and give him my final wishes (oh the drama I create). I thought I was having a stroke.
We were on our way to the hospital, and by the time we got there (and about to park the car), I was a little better .. so instead of hours of waiting in emergency we called our Dr and he said he would take me right away. The Dr. said my blood pressure was very high (I do take medication for this - and I have had high blood pressure since I was 18).
He gave me a prescription for a diuretic and said that should help flush out sodium from my system and help lower my blood pressure - go home and lay down and take it easy.
He asked me if I had been having a lot of soy sauce ..... I said, well funny enough - last night and this morning before my walk I had some soy products. I usually do not go for the substitute soy meat products, but I happened to last night and had some this morning as well. He thinks that was the cause ... I can't say for sure, but hey - I will go with that - because I have no other answer for that incident.
At the Pharmacy, while I was waiting to get my prescription filled ... I was browsing through the books and I was so attracted to this one ... I have no idea why. I have read one other book by Dr. Andrew Weil) (that might be - I bought one other book of his and partially read it), but I suppose I wasn't really paying attention to it then .... today, wow - it was like a magnet. I bought it along with new Foster Grant 1.25 times reading glasses - I lost my lovely over priced prescription ones ... hmmm .. Foster Grant - $19.99 instead of my $350 Dolce&Gabbana (of course covered by my benefits) ... they were nice though - I will miss them.
I started reading my new book today - and I am fascinated and drawn to it. I love it.
I don't think any one person has the answers - and we need to take little bits from all around us and come up with what works for us ... and anything that I read that takes the approach of Mind, Body and Spirit working together and that they are all connected .. well, that gets my attention - I believe that ... we can't just look at Western medicine .. and I like the idea that I have some spirit guides around me willing and able to help (oohhh ... my spirit guides - I just threw that in there - I don't think Dr. Weil mentions those in his book ... but I believe I have them and now I want to put them to work).
I am in - I want to give this a try .... 8 weeks of trying to tap into my body's natural healing power ..... I think it is worth a shot :)
Stay tuned and I will update on my progress.
Tomorrow is the start of Week 1 :)

Mare

1 comment:

Ana said...

oh Mary, I was so worried but I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better AND that you're turning such a scary incident into a positive! You're the bestest! I can't wait to hear all about the 8-weeks :)

<3