It seems as soon as I declared that I wouldn't have something ... I started craving it. Tricky, tricky mind of mine.
I did have a coffee in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening .... so this coming week I will just do better. As Schwen said, that is all part of what this is ... not perfection, but just being a little bit better today than we were yesterday.
Above is a bowl of steel cut oatmeal with organic blueberries, walnuts and a little maple syrup on it - this is cleanse friendly ... and it is soo good.
My other great find was frozen waffles (Buckwheat Wildberry) ... from the health food freezer section in Zehr's. Two of those toasted in the morning with a tiny bit of maple syrup drizzled over was wonderful.
The third day ... for breakfast we had some gluten free rice bread ... toasted ... with Almond Butter on ..... mmmmm.
Another product that is gluten free are corn tortilla's. I went to a little Latino Store and purchased a bag of them .... 3 doz in the bag for $1.99. Basically it is corn, corn fl
For 2 of the dinners I made a veggie chili .... my mom's recipe .. just without the ground beef. I don't eat meat any longer, but even if I did, I much prefer the chili without the meat. It is Chili sin Carne :) I also made a Cabbage Roll Casserole dish and added some kale to get some greens in there. It was alright the first day, but the 2nd and 3rd days it was amazing. My family can except that at our next get together.
I will find some more great recipe's this week. I will also step things up a notch at the gym - I have been going 2 times a week, but I notice I am pretty easy on myself ... I need to push myself just a little bit more.
Mare
No comments:
Post a Comment